Saturday, April 5, 2008

ICU? Heart Problems? Huh?

So Ava went straight to ICU to learn how to feed.

Myself and the Duffo sat in our room (watching Judge Judy) trying to adjust to our new reality. Our friends and families were without exception awesome. Poor Duffo was post-op so was stuck in bed. I would divide my time between Jurys Parnell Street, Duffo's Room and the ICU.

We were told today that Ava may have a heart problem and maybe a stomach issue? What? Can I please go back to where I was yesterday? I would like regular old DS back now as I am not too keen on heart conditions etc thanks very much. It transpired she had 3 small holes in her heart which would sort themselves out and for that we were very thankful.

Ava spent two full weeks in ICU where between us all we taught her how to feed. She had a feeding tube and it was a hard slog for all of us to get to the point where she could get home. The day we left we were ecstatic! We will be eternally grateful to the nurses and doctors of the Rotunda

Here is a video of Ava when she was in the ICU complete with feeding tube which were 'in' at the time.

No comments: